Today marks the second anniversary of the day in which Ryan and I took the plunge into a relationship. It has been a long road and I am sure there is only more to come. Today is something special to the both of us and I simply felt I could not just sit here and let it go by.
Ryan and I have failed as a couple in the eyes of many, but in our eyes, we are doing great. We have survived the unsurvivable, we have pulled through where most give up. We never had the luxury of a non-serious relationship. When we met, fireworks lit our worlds, though we had no idea they were there. It all began happening like a chain of events. First we were simply two people forced to sit next to each other because of a stupid seating chart. I was sixteen years old and new to Adrian High School. Ryan was a freshman, and straight I might add.
It took me coming on strong with Ryan to get him to even notice me, and once I had his attention, he didn't leave me alone. People used to make fun of us and say that we would end up together, but "high school politics" made it so that we were on very different levels. Once my friends actually threatened Ryan, hoping that would keep him away from our lunch table. I stuck up for him, and continue to do so to this day. He has always meant more to me than I could explain, and if anyone were to lay a hand on him, well it's like hitting me.
In time, we became a couple without the label, or the benefits really. He followed me to class, held my books, and we almost always ate lunch together. If I could describe this time in my life, I imagine walking from my locker, Ryan beside me with my books, and me laughing about anything there was to laugh at. I always had a smile on my face, and I didn't have a clue it was because of him.

After school let out, Ryan called me hoping we could hang out, it was the first time he had ever called me. We made plans, and the "date" ended up being a huge turning point. I began to realize I liked him more than I thought. As we made more and more dates, I began to fall in love. So, I told him. That's when the straight kid from photo said, "I love you too."
That's when we began this journey together. So far we have been through me cheating on him, him dating my cousin, me falling in love with his best friend, defying his father and my friends for that matter, distance, and all our differences in order to be together. There is more we've gone through, but I will get into those another time. Today is simply a day to remember how we fell in love.
He's my world and I can't say it enough.
Ryan and I have failed as a couple in the eyes of many, but in our eyes, we are doing great. We have survived the unsurvivable, we have pulled through where most give up. We never had the luxury of a non-serious relationship. When we met, fireworks lit our worlds, though we had no idea they were there. It all began happening like a chain of events. First we were simply two people forced to sit next to each other because of a stupid seating chart. I was sixteen years old and new to Adrian High School. Ryan was a freshman, and straight I might add.
It took me coming on strong with Ryan to get him to even notice me, and once I had his attention, he didn't leave me alone. People used to make fun of us and say that we would end up together, but "high school politics" made it so that we were on very different levels. Once my friends actually threatened Ryan, hoping that would keep him away from our lunch table. I stuck up for him, and continue to do so to this day. He has always meant more to me than I could explain, and if anyone were to lay a hand on him, well it's like hitting me.
In time, we became a couple without the label, or the benefits really. He followed me to class, held my books, and we almost always ate lunch together. If I could describe this time in my life, I imagine walking from my locker, Ryan beside me with my books, and me laughing about anything there was to laugh at. I always had a smile on my face, and I didn't have a clue it was because of him.
After school let out, Ryan called me hoping we could hang out, it was the first time he had ever called me. We made plans, and the "date" ended up being a huge turning point. I began to realize I liked him more than I thought. As we made more and more dates, I began to fall in love. So, I told him. That's when the straight kid from photo said, "I love you too."
That's when we began this journey together. So far we have been through me cheating on him, him dating my cousin, me falling in love with his best friend, defying his father and my friends for that matter, distance, and all our differences in order to be together. There is more we've gone through, but I will get into those another time. Today is simply a day to remember how we fell in love.
He's my world and I can't say it enough.

That video is really cute! :) What a great way to express your feelings!
ReplyDelete