Any way, back to my original point. This book has helped me with my one true "past time", to question everything I am told. I have always been that kid in the classroom that asked "why" to a command, or refused a project because I saw no real point in it. Finally, this author did the same thing, and he found the answers to his "whys".
I immediately saw the harm of the American society as a copy of the Europeans. Including their suppressor attitude. I became enraged and brought it up with Ryan. Of course, his views are, "we can't change what is."
I HATE THAT!!!
How can someone just sit there while the world is full of corruption and lies and do nothing about it? How can someone accept that the world is evil and we celebrate presidents and men who murdered thousands? I can't! I know I am the kind of person that will find a way to change what is, or at least contribute to the battle. Ryan is much more passive on the other hand. I don't know how.
I guess in our relationship, I am the fighter. I fight everything, including him and myself. I am constantly questioning our relationship, finding reasons for the bond when Ryan thinks there is no need to. "What is, will be." That's his attitude.
I wish I could be so relaxed about the whole thing. He thinks it makes no sense for me to get so worked up over this stuff, but he got so mad at the movie, "Obsessed" that he began planing the murder of the antagonist in the plot. How much sense did that make? He cracks me up with his illogical arguments.
Hopefully, like all the other problems we face, we will find the solution. Sadly enough, sometimes the solution is just to accept what is, and that's not how I work.

No comments:
Post a Comment