Here's a poem that I wrote for Ryan and I can definitly say I like it, but posting it makes me feel overly exposed. I really hope this doesn't sound bad! Anyways, here it is...
If I were to compare you to anything on Heaven or Earth,
It couldn’t come close to how you fill my heart to a voluptuous girth.
Could it be that I have fallen deeper than the greatest seas?
And yet feel as if I’m higher than the tallest of trees?
Your smile and laugh fill my every dream,
Every touch from you leaves me bursting at the seam.
The greatest love songs ever written still can’t come close,
And neither does the beauty of any rose.
It’s for you I live for each and every day.
And you’re in my thoughts each time I kneel to pray.
I’ve vowed to you my heart and soul,
I leave it all to your control.
Take it or leave it, do with it what you must.
I’ve given you all I have including my undying trust.
For you’re the one who makes my knees go weak,
Each and every time you begin to speak.
Together we’ve grown from friends to lovers.
Together we’ve lain in the grass and under covers.
Without you tomorrow would be just another day,
And to explain further more, I can’t convey.
All in all this is simply to say,
I love you more every single day.
Not only because you bring me such pleasure,
But also because you are my greatest treasure.
I love you.
OKAY...
Here's what I need from you, reader(s), your honesty! Tell me if it sounds off, and why or where I should fix it. After all, writing is only good once it's been critisized a few times, haha. Thanks!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment